DigiCoyote is a full service web and software design company founded in 2000, and located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our core objective is to seize our clients’ visions, and communicate them flawlessly. We provide comprehensive digital marketing solutions to businesses ranging from small start-ups to multi-national corporations. DigiCoyote offers an excellent, supportive working environment, competitive remuneration, and flexible work options.
We are currently looking a project manager/developer to join our team. The project manager/developer will be responsible for all phases of a project including planning, communications, budget, resources, scope, development, implementation, and delivery with outstanding quality, on time and within budget. The project manager/developer will execute regular monitoring and adjustments to project scope, time and/or budget. Leading a typically 4-6-person development team, they will ensure that project deliverables are produced consistently and effectively, as well as driving continual improvement of the processes.
This is a part-time contract position (leading to full-time) in which the candidate will be required to project lead, and when they are not leading, they will be involved in the development process of projects. They will also be required to come into the Vancouver office on occasion for meetings and updates. The role demands a balance of technical leadership and general management in an effort to consistently deliver high quality products to DigiCoyote’s customers.
- Project initiation, planning execution, control and closing processes
- Project plan development, including schedule creation
- Manage and control projects, reporting regularly on status
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis and ability to translate the client’s needs to the team (be that graphic designers or coders)
- Apply leadership skills to managing the team and relationship with project stakeholders
- Maintain effective use of allocated resources
- Participate in the discovery, management, reporting, and escalation of all significant technical issues and risks
- Maintain a high-level understanding of all functional requirements
- Participate in the analysis and management of all critical technical design issues
- Direct the on-boarding and training process
- Participate in the project budget process and performance reviews
- Participate in the systems design, development and maintenance of dynamic web sites, web applications, and multimedia.
- Delivery on time, to specification and to highest quality standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or at least 3 years experience in software development
- Solid understanding of full life cycle software development
- Strong foundation in software development methodologies
- 2+ years experience providing front and back end web development
- Experience working with: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, Smarty templates, and version control software is a strong asset
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong motivational and team building skills
- Time management, project tracking and excellent organizational skills are essential
- All applicants should have excellent English language written and verbal communication skills; working knowledge of other languages is an advantage
Interested candidates should forward their resumé, cover letter, references and rate expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be contacted. Please quote “project manager/developer” in the email subject line. Preference will be given to those candidates currently residing in BC.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.